After spending a huge portion of the past few years coding and designing my project ideas, a bunch of them sitting in different folders on my computer, I’ve decided to take a leaf out of Pieter Levels’ book. However, unlike Pieter, my challenge is to help aspiring founders build, design, and launch their startup ideas for free!
Although I’ll be doing this for free, I’ll be documenting my process in building the app and it will be made available as a course afterwards
Problem: The hardest part of starting up is starting out.
I believe that, at the heart of every great company is a great entrepreneur. And one of the biggest issues that faces non-technical entrepreneurs is finding out how to build their idea.
Who’s this for?
This is beneficial for non-technical entrepreneurs who:
- Are fed up of not being able to act on their ideas due to outsourcing woes, or inability to find technical co-founders.
- Are tired of having paid and sat through months of coding bootcamps, only to finish and discover that they can’t quite apply this knowledge to building their ideas from scratch into an actionable product.
- Are passionate and tenacious. Someone who cares deeply about doing meaningful work and has a burning desire to solve problems.
- Are ready to jump in and start, right away.
Solution: Building your first version (v1) is often the first major step in validating your idea.
Over the next 24 months, I’ll put a hold on my startup ideas and focus on helping ambitious non-technical entrepreneurs who are struck with brilliant ideas and don’t know how to bring them to life.
I’ll work with you to conceptualise your idea and help you build out a beautiful product release that will get you on your startup journey.
With your v1(version 1), you can more effectively raise funds and hire developers to continue your journey.
- First, bring your vision: Tell me a bit about yourself, your idea, and what your goals are.
- The selection is based on a score which is derived from two parameters, referral(quality of the founder to get people to do something) and votes( feedback from the community on how interesting/viable the idea is).
- Once you’ve been selected, we’ll jump on Skype to talk through the idea, identify barriers, then narrow down and solidify the perfect scope for the product.
- Next you’ll go back and draw a detailed mockup/diagram of the product features and pages.
- I build and design the product — you’ll be involved throughout the entire process.
- Launch: We celebrate your vision and your new product. This is just the start.
Who am I?
My name is Tomiwa Adey, and I’m a full-stack developer by trade. But I’m also a serial entrepreneur.
My love for crafting products and services that help people solve problems they have, started 10 years ago.
Over these years, I’ve worked on more than 40 projects, built over 200 web and mobile apps, started 3 companies and sold one of them.
After a difficult year, I wanted to start afresh. I was going over the ideas I wanted to pursue, looking for that one Idea that could get me excited again.
Then I came to the realisation that I’ve been looking at this from the wrong angle. If I’m truly motivated by solving exciting problems, one of the best way to go about it is to help the people who have great ideas but are stuck on how to start.
Next steps and how you can be involved
- If you have an idea and you want to see that idea turn into reality, you can do by filling out this form.
- If you’d like to join me in this challenge, by helping aspiring & ambitious non-technical founders build and launch their ideas from scratch, send me a link to your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can follow me on twitter for updates: https://twitter.com/tomiwaadey
- Also, please tap or click “♥︎”, or share this to help your non-technical friends bring their ideas to life.
Monthly progress report
I’ll be updating my progress here with links to posts about each month’s startup.
Q: Are you a non-technical founder who has built projects in the past. How did you go about it? Please let me know in the comments.